Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mom and Dad's visit

My parents have already come and gone. The time really flew while they were here but we packed in a lot of touring, basketball, and back scratches while they were here! They arrived late last Saturday night before our Fenerbache game. They were real troopers when it came to jet lag and stayed up for the late practice we had. We gave the top ranked team a run for their money but couldn't pull off the upset in the last couple of minutes. Mother nature wasn't very kind to us in Istanbul when we wanted to tour around as a blizzard hit the weekend we were there. Seb and her roommate Gulsah took us around anyways and saw a lot of the sights around the city. The Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazzar highlighted our tour. The Blue Mosque is similar to the Mosque here in Adana but much older. We were prime targets in the Bazzar for shop owners to hassle with. Seb then took us out to a beautiful dinner overlooking the Bosphorus.

When we got back to Adana our team sports marketing guy was able to take my parents out while I was at practice so they've now seen things that I have yet to see. They saw their second game of ours and we won. They then spent one final day in Istanbul to see some of the sights that were closed the week earlier. i think all in all the trip was memorable for all of us.

In other news, I've signed a training camp contract with the Phoenix Mercury. Getting invited to a camp is the first step so I now I still have to make the final cut. I'm excited for it this year and much more prepared than last year. I think I know more of what to expect and now have a year's experience of playing overseas. More on that at the end of April!

Happy Leap Year!

No comments: