Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sampiyon! (Champions)



It wasn't a 40 point blow out but we won our 3rd game to win the Turkish championships. And I just so happened to be celebrating my birthday as well so it was an extra special day for me! Our Americans took no time at all to get back to the states. They wanted to enjoy the little time they had before they started with their teams for the summer so they left the next day. The rest of the team presented our cup to our club's president as well as walking out on the field during halftime of our club's soccer match. I hadn't been to a "football" match yet so that was pretty cool to see.

I also left the next day on a little vacation of my own the next to Antalya which is in southern Turkey. It's very nice this time of year and I pampered myself for a few days before I had to come back to Istanbul to join the national team in camp. I've been with them for a few days and we just finished a scrimmage against Czech Republic. We won it and we will play them again tomorrow just to get more game time before heading to Latvia where we'll start games on June 7th.

No comments: